Utah Provo Mission

Utah Provo Mission
Welcome to Elder Winter's Blog

Favorite Scripture

Alma 29:9,10
I know that which the Lord hath cammanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me.

Monday, June 7, 2010

We are not the only ones that are hot. Sounds like Payson has some heat as well. I could never get Elder Winters to wear a bike helmet when he lived at home, so I am happy to hear that he is being obedient to those that have more authority than me. Also find it interesting that he is allowing someone else to cut his hair. I know he took his clippers with him and he has not had anyone else cut his hair for a very long time. How a mission changes even the simple things.

Hey!

So it’s 109 degrees eh? That is baking Hot! I am so not jealous at all! haha Suckers! But it has actually been pretty hot here too! Especially riding bikes with church clothes on... Yesterday we rode all the way across town to sacrament meeting and by the time we got there the back of our suits looked like we had just fallen down backwards in a puddle... It was gross. But luckily we had planned for it to be that way and we left so we could get there pretty early and cool off in the chapel. The bicycle helmets have also been working a wonder on my hair... It’s getting long and when I take the helmet off it always looks quite ridiculous... So we are going to go to Lou's Barber Shop today right after emails and hack it off.

So, anyways... I feel like a lot has gone on since I emailed you last even though it has only been a couple days. We didn’t have any baptisms this week, but we did start teaching this girl named Zoey Petersen yesterday, and she wants to be baptized in 2 weeks! So we're going to make it happen! She already has such a good knowledge of what we are teaching because I guess she had been taught before and she goes to church every week. Oh yeah, she is 11 years old I think! Awesome spunky little girl! She sort of reminds me of the girl Ally that we baptized last transfer! Oh and she wanted to sing for us in our last lesson so we had her sing Taylor Swift and her voice was incredible! It was like you hear this 11 year old girl talking about singing and then she starts singing and your like where is that coming from? She sounded better than Taylor Swift!

Anyways, we also started teaching this older lady named Shirley Taylor this week who I believe will be baptized by the end of this transfer. We also were teaching Riley Wasden and her family last night and committed them to pray about being baptized in the next couple weeks. We are going over to this less active lady named Jodi Frisbee's house tonight and having a short FHE with her and her non member fiancĂ© (I don’t know how to spell that word). I think the FHE is going to be a lot of fun because we have talked to both Jodi and her boyfriend Bobby and they are both really down to earth people! But yeah we have just contacted so many people this week and we have so many positive looking prospective future members of the Church.

Anyways that is awesome that Jade made it out of the Grand Canyon! I love the Grand Canyon and Havasupai! I'd have to say that Navajo Falls was my favorite though!

Oh yeah thank you for the Package! The cookies were awesome! And just what I needed! They seriously couldn’t have arrived on a more perfect day because my sweet tooth was kicking! I think I only have about 2 cookies more left and I only got them on like Friday... I think? It might have been Thursday? I forgot. Not to mention my companion only had 1 because he doesn’t like coconut so I ate them all! But yeah thank you so much mom! You're the best!

Ok well I love you! And miss you all!

Elder Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Utah Provo Mission Map

Utah Provo Mission Map
From Wyomings boarder to the four corners and into Colorado and Arizona there is work to do.

A little history of the UTAH, PROVO MISSION

In the late 1970's there was only one mission in Utah. As the work grew the mission was divided into areas to cover the North and South of the state. On January 1, 1989 the Utah, Provo mission was formed from a division of the Salt Lake City North and South missions. President Magnusson was called to open the mission. Today President Neil Pitts serves as President.


The area the mission currently covers was for the most part in the former Utah, Salt Lake City South Mission. During the time President Humphreys lead the mission, it was expanded to include Blanding, Monticello and Montezuma Creek. At this point the mission area took in all of Utah south of the Uintah Mountians.


With the creation of the Utah Salt Lake City South Mission the northern area of the mission was altered slightly. In addition Panaca and Mesquite Nevada were moved to the Nevada, Las Vegas Mission.


On July 1, 2010 the Utah Provo Mission was divided again. In this split the Utah, St George Mission was created. There are a large number on non-members that live in the St. George area and more are moving in. As you can see from the map below the Utah, Provo Mission will cover a realtively small area but there will still be much work to do.

Followers