I was touched by the spirit as I listened to conference and it is evident from this letter Landon was too. Our wonderful, focused missionary son is still our fun and creative Landon. I have never really thought of comparing church leadership to Papa Smurf or William Wallace but I will tell you there is no better compliment in the world of Landon Winters. It would be hard to sit and listen to the messages shared this weekend and leave the room the same as you went in. I guess it is possible but if you listen with a humble heart you will never be the same. It is such a privilege to have a prophet and apostles on the earth. Sometimes I think we take it for granted because it is so easy to listen to them. I am grateful for this blessing in my life.
Hello!
So this was an amazing week here in Provo Utah! Man that was a great conference! Especially that priesthood session! That was just such a Spiritual pep talk! Listening to the first presidency and the apostles was probably somewhat equivalent to listening to William Wallace, or Maximus from Gladiator, or Papa Smurf! It was Amazing! And I just felt so privileged to hold the priesthood when I walked out of that session! It is such an amazing gift... The session I got to go to was Sunday Afternoon! And that was something I’ll never forget! Those talks were amazing! The spirit I felt during Elder Scott’s talk was incredible and I don’t think the best sound system in the world could have replicated the spirit in his voice that was felt in the conference center! It was incredible. And I loved how Elder Holland’s talk just put everything together. Everyone of those talks we heard this last weekend are so inspired and if we are not feeling the spirit in the things they are teaching there is something wrong with us and we need to repent. Because the spirit was there and it truly was manifest in every word and with every speaker!
Monday, April 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Utah Provo Mission Map
From Wyomings boarder to the four corners and into Colorado and Arizona there is work to do.
A little history of the UTAH, PROVO MISSION
In the late 1970's there was only one mission in Utah. As the work grew the mission was divided into areas to cover the North and South of the state. On January 1, 1989 the Utah, Provo mission was formed from a division of the Salt Lake City North and South missions. President Magnusson was called to open the mission. Today President Neil Pitts serves as President.
The area the mission currently covers was for the most part in the former Utah, Salt Lake City South Mission. During the time President Humphreys lead the mission, it was expanded to include Blanding, Monticello and Montezuma Creek. At this point the mission area took in all of Utah south of the Uintah Mountians.
With the creation of the Utah Salt Lake City South Mission the northern area of the mission was altered slightly. In addition Panaca and Mesquite Nevada were moved to the Nevada, Las Vegas Mission.
On July 1, 2010 the Utah Provo Mission was divided again. In this split the Utah, St George Mission was created. There are a large number on non-members that live in the St. George area and more are moving in. As you can see from the map below the Utah, Provo Mission will cover a realtively small area but there will still be much work to do.
The area the mission currently covers was for the most part in the former Utah, Salt Lake City South Mission. During the time President Humphreys lead the mission, it was expanded to include Blanding, Monticello and Montezuma Creek. At this point the mission area took in all of Utah south of the Uintah Mountians.
With the creation of the Utah Salt Lake City South Mission the northern area of the mission was altered slightly. In addition Panaca and Mesquite Nevada were moved to the Nevada, Las Vegas Mission.
On July 1, 2010 the Utah Provo Mission was divided again. In this split the Utah, St George Mission was created. There are a large number on non-members that live in the St. George area and more are moving in. As you can see from the map below the Utah, Provo Mission will cover a realtively small area but there will still be much work to do.

No comments:
Post a Comment