Utah Provo Mission

Utah Provo Mission
Welcome to Elder Winter's Blog

Favorite Scripture

Alma 29:9,10
I know that which the Lord hath cammanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ara and Will are Baptized

As for the week, we did awesome! We had two baptisms this weekend! On for a 21 year old Chinese guy named Will. And the other was for a 20 year old Korean girl named Ara. These two were definitely some of my favorites! They both had the most unique personalities! First off Will was so funny! And he is so Chinese! He was the most polite and courteous person I have ever met! And our last lesson for baptism he was basically just asking us when he will be able to start home teaching and how soon he could get the priesthood, and when he will be able to go to the temple? He will be a general authority some day! His baptism was awesome too. One of the reasons it was so cool being that he had his religion 101 professor give a talk on Baptism. And his professor was Lloyd Newell. In case you don’t know who that is... He is the Voice of General conference! He is the guy that says "You are watching the 176th semi annual General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" haha And his voice was totally recognizable!

Ara's Baptism was really great too! Elder Thompson performed the Baptism and I gave her the Holy Ghost the next day in Church! Ara is freaking hilarious and has the friendliest personality in any Korean I have met so far. Her Baptism was unique because she did not want it announced in the ward but there were still a good amount of people there. And all of them were just her friends from the English Learning Center. So at the Baptism there were people from 7 different parts of the World who spoke 7 different languages all there to support Ara in her commitment to follow Christ! It was really cool to see all these people from around the world come together to celebrate one girl coming unto Christ! And the Bishop used a really great analogy of how God plants people in different parts of the world so that they can grow to their full potential just like in a garden you can’t plant things too close together or else the plants won’t grow as big! I really liked it and it really helped me to understand the importance of my calling to serve in the Asian area!

I loved this letter and the reference to the garden. What an amazing blessing to be a part of this work. I am so thrilled Landon has been a part of planting seeds in a garden that will one day be magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Utah Provo Mission Map

Utah Provo Mission Map
From Wyomings boarder to the four corners and into Colorado and Arizona there is work to do.

A little history of the UTAH, PROVO MISSION

In the late 1970's there was only one mission in Utah. As the work grew the mission was divided into areas to cover the North and South of the state. On January 1, 1989 the Utah, Provo mission was formed from a division of the Salt Lake City North and South missions. President Magnusson was called to open the mission. Today President Neil Pitts serves as President.


The area the mission currently covers was for the most part in the former Utah, Salt Lake City South Mission. During the time President Humphreys lead the mission, it was expanded to include Blanding, Monticello and Montezuma Creek. At this point the mission area took in all of Utah south of the Uintah Mountians.


With the creation of the Utah Salt Lake City South Mission the northern area of the mission was altered slightly. In addition Panaca and Mesquite Nevada were moved to the Nevada, Las Vegas Mission.


On July 1, 2010 the Utah Provo Mission was divided again. In this split the Utah, St George Mission was created. There are a large number on non-members that live in the St. George area and more are moving in. As you can see from the map below the Utah, Provo Mission will cover a realtively small area but there will still be much work to do.

Followers